Below is a recipe from Lilly Lloyd, who has shared some wonderful nutrition information and recipes over at my instagram and facebook pages the last couple of months. She has moved on to a different path and is no longer providing nutrition consults, but here is a yummy recipe from her to say Goodbye!
Honestly, who doesn’t love a perfect eggie?! I absolutely do and they taste even better when they’re paired with this epic salad! Anything with halloumi and you’ve got me SOLD!
So, with anything we put in our mouths we should be curious of what and how it’ll feed our bodies. Ok so, the best time of year is here to eat fruit and even better stone fruit, yum! Peaches, mangoes, nectarines, cherries, so much yes! Can we take a moment of appreciation for these please, they are some delicious pieces of fruit. Peaches are too good, juicy, sweet and soft – so what are the nutritional benefits of them? They’re rich in vitamin C, potassium, fibre, antioxidants, cofactors contributing to the production of melatonin (our sleep hormone), antioxidants and so much more!
Peaches paired alongside Quinoa and Halloumi has this meal flying off the nutrient radar.
Benefits of Quinoa & Halloumi: Unlike most plant-based foods, quinoa is a complete protein, which means it contains all of the essential amino acids. Amino acids are the building blocks of the proteins that make up your muscles, bones, skin, and blood. The nine classified as “essential” must be obtained from food daily — your body cannot produce or store them — and quinoa provides all nine. Halloumi is a good source of important nutrients, including protein and calcium. Its exact content of fat and calories depends on how you prepare it.
Benefits of eggs – a nice little hit of protein, plus it’s a brilliant source of choline, a nutrient essential for brain health, fertility and digestion.
These ingredients paired with peach is just a dream in heaven when it comes to a nourishing and delicious salad. Check the recipe below, cook it for yourself or take it to a friend’s BBQ this weekend.
– Handful Mixed Leaves, rinsed
– 1/2 an Avo, sliced or cubed
– Peach, sliced
– 28g Halloumi, cubed and fried until golden
– Handful Pecans, lightly toasted
– 1/4-1/3 Cup Leftover Bone Broth Quinoa
– 2 Eggies, boiled for 8 mins
– Salt / Pepper
– 1-2 Tbsp Basil Pesto
- Precook your quinoa or at least let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours for the bone broth to sink in.
- Boil your eggs (I let my cook for 8 mins, they’re PERF). Whilst they’re cooking, assemble your salad.
- Toss together the mixed leaves, coriander, basil, avo and peach in a bowl. Add the pesto and toss further, sit aside.
- Pan fry your halloumi whilst your eggs are still cooking away. Once you’ve done the halloumi, in the same pan, toss the pecans lightly.
- Toss the quinoa, halloumi and pecans through the salad.
- Place your eggies on top once cooked and crack some salt/pep over the top!