Hey everyone! In this video I show you how I make toasted muesli – it’s super easy and so cheap to make your own compared to buying it ready made. Having a quick healthy breakfast ready to go can make your morning much easier, and as everyone knows, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
If you start your day with a combination of some complex carbohydrates (rolled oats), protein (nuts and seeds) and fats (also found in the nuts and seeds, and you’ll get some if you have your muesli with some full fat milk or yoghurt, but you could add some more to the recipe with the addition of some coconut oil during the toasting process) then it will help to keep your blood sugar levels balanced for a few hours and help to prevent fluctuations for the rest of the day, which will mean less cravings and better willpower (because your brain requires a stable blood sugar level to keep willpower up).
About 20-30 minutes at the start of each week makes life a lot easier for the following mornings.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 handfuls of chopped dried fruit (you could use dates, cranberries, raisins, goji berries, apricots, blueberries, papaya, pineapple)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 150g shredded coconut
- 1-2 handfuls mixed nuts and seeds (e.g. flaked almonds, macadamias, sunflower seeds and pepitas)
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
1. Spread oats on a large flat oven tray add the maple syrup a little bit at a time, you just want the oats to be a little wet not drowning. Stir through to get the oats nicely covered and glistening, then pop it in the oven to bake until the oats are golden and crunchy.
2. Bake the coconut until golden, you may need to stir it around mid bake.
3. Chop the dried fruit into thin slices.
4. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
5. Store in an airtight container.
This is my first how to cooking video, so I hope you enjoy!
Click here to subscribe to my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkStCctAU5jtFxaiTEDnb3g?sub_confirmation=1