Guts and Girl Bits – Podcast Episode #46
I am joined once again by Naturopath Lisa Costa-Bir to discuss the topic of thyroid nodules.
Thyroid nodules are typically identified via an ultrasound and indicate the presence of growth of abnormal cells within the thyroid gland. Nodules vary in their sizes and impact, and while some may wish to manage this, many people may be told they have a nodule yet can observe no negative impact from it. It can be a diagnosis that brings uncertainty and confusion, and so we would like to share information about what thyroid nodules can mean, as well as how to help manage them naturally.
Have a listen here or on the embedded player below:
Get in touch with Lisa…
Lisa is a leading Naturopath in the Sutherland Shire. Lisa strives to show her clients that good health is not be simply the absence of disease but rather a state where they find mental, physical and spiritual balance in all aspects of their life.
Lisa is also a lecturer and clinical supervisor at Endeavour College of Natural Therapies where she mentors students completing degrees in Nutrition and Naturopathy and has taught nutrition to dancers at ED5 performing Arts School.
Check out previous podcasts that have featured Lisa here:
- PMS and PMDD
- Thyroid Health
- Ayurvedic Medicine
- How to lose weight without changing your diet (much)
- Adrenal fatigue (part 1)
- Adrenal fatigue (part 2)
Understanding Underactive Thyroid – Webinar
Have you been diagnosed as having hypothyroidism?
Do you struggle trying to understand the right things to do to help your thyroid out?
Perhaps you’re on thyroid medication but you still don’t feel any better for it.
Maybe you feel like you’ve got some symptoms that suggest your thyroid might be a bit sluggish, but your blood test come back as “normal”.
If that sounds like you then this webinar is for you. It will shed some light on the topic of under active thyroid and provide you with some tips to help yourself.
We will talk about:
- What are some of the common symptoms of under active thyroid
- How to interpret your test results and what to do if your test come back as normal but you still feel like something’s going on
- What it means if you’ve got high antibodies but your hormones are in normal range
- How to get the most out of your thyroid medication
- What are the nutrients that your thyroid needs to work properly
- What is peripheral thyroid hormone conversion and why is it important
- The right type of exercise to do for someone with hypothyroidism
- How your thyroid affects the hormones in your body such as in PCOS and adrenal fatigue
- How your diet can make a big impact on thyroid health
- What a naturopath can do to help thyroid problems
This webinar is awesome value at only $25 so to register today to get access .
As a bonus you will get my cheat sheet to understanding your thyroid hormone test results, plus 5 recipes to nourish the thyroid.