Christmas is over and the New Year is here! However, you may feel the indulgences from the festive season are still hanging around – especially on your waistline. With the motivation of New Year’s resolutions urging you to take action, now is the perfect time to shed those extra kilos. Create a lighter you with the help of a professional weight management program.
More Than Meets the Eye
Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight is not only about looking good – that’s just an added bonus! The real benefits come from minimising the risk of developing chronic conditions such as arthritis, depression, diabetes and heart disease, which are all associated with an increased percentage of body fat.
While the long-term impacts of obesity are well known, what you might not realise is that being overweight can also affect your energy levels, making you feel tired and lacking vitality.
By achieving a healthy weight, you give yourself the gift of increased energy and vitality to bounce into the New Year with gusto. You also set yourself up for health and wellness in the long-term.
Yo-Yo No More
If you have already tried a number of different weight loss strategies in the past without significant results, then you’re not alone. ‘Fad diets’ not only give varying results, but can also often lead to rebound weight gain. Unlike these quick fix diets, the Shake It Professional Weight Management Program focuses on healthy weight management and long-term health through lifestyle and nutrition. Monitoring and guidance from a Healthcare Professional will ensure you get the best results possible, and keep the weight off for good.
Kids Are No Exception
Childhood obesity has now become a serious health concern, affecting approximately one-quarter of children in Australia and New Zealand. With this in mind, it has never been more important to find options to support healthy weight in our children. The Shake It Professional Weight Management Program now has an easy-to-follow, child-friendly diet and lifestyle program to help kids grow into healthy adults.
Five Easy Steps to Feeling and Looking Great
The Shake It Professional Weight Management Program uses a low carbohydrate, moderate protein approach to food intake, which promotes steady and consistent weight loss. The five simple steps of Shake It are:
- Consume a high protein meal replacement once per day in the form of a shake, soup or bar.*
- Consume two healthy meals per day consisting of a palm size portion of protein and three handfuls of allowable vegetables. One handful of vegetables may be replaced by an allowable portion of fruit each day.
- Include two high protein snacks per day.
- Incorporate healthy oils as a part of your daily diet.
- Aim for 40 minutes of moderate intensity exercise three-four times per week.
* The great tasting meal replacements suggested in this program are used for optimal fat loss, to prevent the breakdown of lean muscle mass and to support long term health. They also promote a feeling of fullness and can therefore help reduce your appetite and help you lose fat faster.
You Can Do It!
You can achieve your 2012 goal of feeling fantastic inside and out. Choosing a professional weight management program such as Shake It ensures ongoing support and motivation to help you stay on track.
So what are you waiting for? Meet your goal of reaching and maintaining a healthy weight. Shake It off for a 2012 with a difference!