I’m normally the one hosting the podcasts, but in this interview I was the one being asked the questions. Carly from Casa de Karma interviewed me about Gut Health, a topic I love to talk about. Gut health is SO important, it affects almost every other system in the body. Of note is the impact our digestion has on inflammation, but also on our mood. I discussed these topics in this podcast, as well as lots of other digestion related topics, such as how to improve your digestion and gut health naturally.
This interview was recorded a few months ago, and you can hear my boy making very cute little chirps in the background (I was nursing him on my lap while I was being interviewed).
In this podcast you will learn:
- Why gut health is so important
- The connection between gut health and acne/skin
- Why & how gut health and anxiety (and depression) can be linked
- Common symptoms of poor gut health
- The difference between IBS and leaky gut (intestinal permeability) syndrome
- What your tongue and nails can tell you about your gut health
- How you can eat and breakdown food, but not absorb it so well (and what to do about it)
- What a healthy gut diet plan looks like (which might be different to what you think!
- What to do when you feel certain foods upset your gut
- The difference between prebiotics and probiotics and why you need both and where to find them
- Whether it’s necessary to buy probiotics
- What to look for in a probiotic if you’re going to buy them
- Gut health supplements demystified
- How to restore healthy gut flora if it’s out of whack
- Why and how colonic irrigation can destroy your gut forever
- Naturopath’s top tips for good gut health
So far I’ve had great feedback on this, so have a listen and tell me what you think in the comment box below!
You can find the original post here.